8th Annual Boulder Harvest Festival
Red House Farm • Boulder, UT
Thursday, October 11
9:15 am-1pm Beginning Felting — led by Ana Sanders • $20 • pre-registration required • (435) 335-7760
9 am Animal Processing (Thurs, Fri. & Sat.) — 3-day workshop led by Jeff Sanders, Desert DAWN • $150.00 • pre-registration required • call (435) 335-7760
Friday, October 12
9:15am-1pm Felted Oven Mitts led by Ana Sanders • $25 • pre-registration required • Call (435) 335-7760
5-7pm Chainsaw Safety & Maintenance led by Alex Engel • Located in parking lot across from the barn • Bring your chainsaw • FREE
7pm Freebox Fashion Show • All are welcome in your recycled finest
7:30pm The 86h Annual Miss Harvest Fest Pageant • A performance by the Boulder Town Players • Dress Warmly • Located in the barn • FREE
Saturday, October 13
Harvest Fest Fundraiser Lunch (Hungarian Rooster Boil or Vegetarian Autumn Stew, each with cornbread • $10 suggested donation) — Miles & Sam
Please bring mugs/utensils/bowls/
Ongoing events beginning at 12:00 pm:
Apple Cider Pressing — Patrick Briggs • Bring apples to share!
Live & Local Acoustic Music — Raymond Shurtz & Friends
Beeswax Candle-Dipping — Billy Raaen
On-the-spot Harvest Fest 2018 Silkscreen Printing — Maggie McGuire
• Bring a t-shirt, pillowcase, bandana or other cloth to print on.
Face Painting — Amber Thompson, Cat Bigney & Torie Despain
Picturing the Harvest: An Art-Making Opportunity & the Clothesline Gallery — Amy O. Woodbury
Bean Count, Harvest Raffle & Silent Auction (Featuring locally made goods)
Pit Roast — Jeff Sanders & Sergio Femenias
Old-fashioned Ice Cream Churning — HBG Farmers
Demonstrations, Workshops, & Discussions Schedule
• Not the Sharpest Blade in the Box — Carl Dede • Bring a small hand tool to sharpen
• Yucca Sandal making — John Olsen
• Cultural Affiliation of Ancestral Native American Peoples in Boulder Utah — Don Montoya
• Worms in your Closet: The Benefits of Home Vermiculture — Destinee Rugar
• We Felt Balls: A Woolen Community Project — Sam Van Wetter and Heather McDevitt
• Medicine at Our Feet: Herbal First-aid — Constance Lynn
• Using the Sun to Preserve the Harvest: Easy Food Dehydration Techniques — Tessa Barkan
• Fire Building Strategies for Home & Camp — Matt Furches
Boulder is Dreaming, too: A Mythic Look at Place — Matt Cochran
5:30pm Epic Local Foods Potluck Dinner
Please bring a generous local foods dish to share as there will be many folks in attendance & mugs/utensils/bowls/
FREE Admission to Harvest Festival events after 12 pm on Saturday, October 13th.
For more information. please contact Red House Farm at (435) 335-7654.
Please carpool and leave pets happy at home for all events • NO Smoking!
Presented by the Boulder Skills Foundation.